Thursday, August 19, 2010

New Goodies

Greetings everyone!

It feels like an eternity since I posted last.  Time really does move so quickly - I am so excited for autumn to arrive.  I love falling leaves, the clean crisp air, pumpkins, scarecrows, wearing cozy sweaters, and especially Halloween!  

Since I wrote last, I am most excited to let you know that I sold one of my girls from the shop!   I was so very thrilled, as you can imagine.  Now two of my girls have happy new homes to live in.   You might remember a few posts back when I shared a rough draft of a new faerie I was working on.  Well, here is she completely finished in all her folk arty goodness in the photo above!  I named her Annabelle, and she is a forest faerie.  She loves butterflies and birds and especially wild flowers that she discovers upon her journeys.  Annabelle was created much the same way as my other pieces, except I pasted her to a larger sized solid wood plaque.   I've included some magical little gold stars and adorned the bottom of her dress with gold foiled leaves that I pressed in with beeswax and coated with iridescent paint.  Her pretty wings are actually art paper - I think they fit beautifully.  And the bouquet Annabelle is holding is actually dried flowers!  I sealed them first with a great big coating of hair spray before waxing them onto the painting.  I like the overall effect of the piece and hope you do, too.   I have actually already developed a rough sketch of a Halloween-themed piece.  Photos of that will come soon. 
Speaking of paintings,  I enrolled myself in Suzi Blu's latest class - La Sirena!  It's a full semester of mermaidy goodness.  I already have some ideas swimming in my head (no pun intended here).  This is the only class that Suzi is offering this fall - and you'll be able to create so many wonderful pieces, including folk art-style mermaids and more realistic mermaid renderings.  The lessons have just begun, and I'm focusing on color theory right now.  I've learned a lot from Suzi's classes.  They are also tons of fun!  If you've never signed up for one of Suzi's classes - I highly recommend them.  You'll have a blast and meet so many like-minded individuals.
The promise of cooler weather has ignited my desire to knit more.  I especially love creating fingerless gloves. In fact, I'm kind of obsessed with them.   I named this pair Purple Passion!    They are oh so cozy and warm.  I knit them with a wonderful eco-blend yarn that has the texture and feel of wool, but without the scratch or allergens.  I used a sweet little picot edging to give the gloves a little extra femininity.  These are my little hands modeling the gloves - I never seem to know how to place them.  Can you spot my friendly little garden gnome below?
And to complete the trio of new goodies in the shop, I created this necklace as an homage to chocolate!  I think I have all flavors represented here - white chocolate, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, chocolate caramel.  Yum!  This delightful necklace is named Chocolate Fantasy (what else?)!  I like the varying shades of brown in the piece.  It looks really cute in person - and very feminine and stylish.   The focal piece is a lovely dark chocolate brown lace brooch festooned with creamy pearls.  And the colors are so perfect for fall!  I am actually working on several other autumn-themed pieces - please stay tuned for that.  
I'm most pleased to report that we've had a lovely new visitor to our yard this year!  This time I took care to learn that this gorgeous butterfly is a Painted Lady.  And was she ever loving the butterfly bush.  Purchasing two of these shrubs was one of the wisest garden investments we've made.  They are very low-maintenance, and butterflies truly do love them.  Last week I spotted the most gorgeous hummingbird moth while out walking the dog.  As fate would have it, by the time I ran back into the house to get my camera - it had flown away.  Perhaps it will come back for a visit...I am ever hopeful!

Til next time,
Theresa  

31 comments:

Wendy said...

I love Annabelle. She is absolutely Enchanting, and must I say.
YUMMMMMMMYYY. That chocolate decadence is just devine. I want to take a bite.
Hello to your new friend. She is quite lovely too, and those purple gloves are amazing. yOu are so talented.
Have a wonderfully enchanting day...
Wendy from Wonderland

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Beautiful butterfly, gloves, necklace! <3

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

...and painting! duh!

Jingle said...

Oh, she is absolutely fabulous! Those gloves ROCK and I am in love with the necklace and YES it HAS been FOREVER since you last posted, but I'm so glad you came back with fabulousness!

Kiki said...

Oh My ...Theresa..what a fabulous post full of so many goodies and new treasures..beautiful!!! I love her..wow..she is gorgeous..such a special energy to her..my kind of spirit.. and i am in love with the purple fingerless gloves...! All you create and do is magical and enchanting ...and beautiful! Shine on! Hugs
Kiki~

Janet Ghio said...

I love your new fairy and the chocolate necklace looks good enough to eat!

Sonia ;) said...

Theresa Beautiful Faerie...Loved the pictures..smiles

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Congrats on your sale--so well deserved! Annabelle is so pretty as are the chocolate necklace & purple gloves!

My butterfly bush has revived itself! I think all the hot weather & humidity was getting to it--it is much better now!

Terry said...

Annabelle is a forest beauty! Love the colors and the background is stunning! Gorgeous gloves and of course so is the new visitor!

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Theresa! Your Annabelle is beautiful! ... and congratulations on the sale of another painting! That's fabulous!!! You will sell many, many more, I'm sure because they are just sooo lovely! ... I love your fingerless gloves. They are very girlie and the color is divine, and that chocolate necklace is delicious!...What a great photo of your butterfly visitor. I have to get myself one of those bushes too! Have a good night, Sweetie! xoxo Paulette

Fair Rosamund said...

I love all of the new goodies, you are so multi-talented! :) The painting is gorgeous! And congrats on the sale of you painting, that is such a great feeling :) That mermaid class sounds like so much fun, I can't wait to see your creations! ~Lauren

summertime dreams said...

Your faerie up top is so lovely, I can just feel her depth. Beautiful!

Regina said...

Theresa...you have been so missed and the wait has been so worth it.
I LOVE Annabelle...she is lovely!!

The gloves...WOW....beautiful and unique...so wish I could do that. You are one very talented artist!!

Hugs,
Regi

AForestFrolic said...

Oooh la la! I love our fingerless gloves that you made...and I have been knitting and crocheting like crazy the last 2 weeks (in hopes of cooler weather maybe? ;)

Jamie :)

Cameron said...

Annabelle is gorgeous...so pretty...I just love her azure hair :)

Good for you getting the knitting started and in your shop in time for the Season change....I find stuff like that such a challenge!

...and the Suzi Blu class....about MERMAIDS!!!!!! Eeek!!!! I'm going to check that out right now!!!!

Thanks so much for passing that along ;-p

NatashaMay said...

Hi Theresa! Congrats on the sale! :) The painting looks beautiful. I love the wings you chose for her. Happy creating! :)

Itch2stitch.com said...

Oh Theresa! I am so excited for you, you truly deserve it, as you are so talented. I love Annabelle! I am looking forward to autumn too, pumpkin soup and cosy nights by the fire. Have a lovely weekend! Susie xxxx

Diane said...

Everything is gorgeous, and love those fingerless gloves--they're in you Etsy store, right? I'm in Suzi's class too, but I can't do much with it right now--I'm just observing :) But I'm still glad that I'm in it--I enjoy her teaching.

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Theresa! Your painting is beautiful! Congrats also on your magical sale! And how cute are those fingerless gloves! Purple is one of my favorites too. You modeled them perfectly. Love your newest necklace. Yum! Have a wonderful weekend sweetie! :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love everything you make...you know I do! And the butterfly is beautiful! I posted a pic of the hummingbird moth...it's not the best but they are hard to photograph! heehee! ♥

Rebecca said...

Hello!

I found you by way of Victoria at Enchanting the Invisible. What a lovely blog and such wonderful creations, too...I love the whimsy here and discovering so many talented people and lovely blogs.

Blessings to you!

Cathy Bueti said...

I love this painting! So pretty! I too love fall and am looking forward to it! Those gloves are great and I like the color! The necklace is fab too...love the chocolate color!

I am thinking of taking Suzi's class....I never have. Looks fun!

:)

Lisa said...

You are such a busy woman!! Oh how I love it all! Your forest fairy is just delightful...seriously, all of those details are just stunning.

You are so talented!!!! Love it & you!!
Lisa

Anna @ Frosted Petunias said...

Oh Theresa she is BEAUTIFUL and you named her after ME!!! Well maybe not me exactly but that's how my real name is spelled! Congrats on your sale. Love those gloves too!

Storybook Woods said...

Oh my, your visitor is stunning. As usual, I see you up to creative work. So many pretties. Have a relaxing weekend sweetie xoxox Clarice

Evelyn's Wonderland said...

Annabelle is absolutely beautiful and I love the colors and background! Oh! I love the gloves too. Congratulations on your sale, isn't it the greatest feeling. Have a wonderful and creative day!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Theresa, you're blossoming like a rose! I love seeing your amazing artwork-- Annabelle is STUNNING!-- and I'm so happy you're sharing your talents so generously.

A necklace that's an homage to chocolate? You are fabulous! ♥

deb famularo said...

Oh wow, that butterfly (and the photograph of her) is gorgeous! So happy you sold another of your girls! YaY! I look at mine every day! I can't wait till it gets cold so I can wear my wristlets too!

Chocolate neckace- yummy, who wouldn't love that too! You always have a bunch of "pretty" here! Have a great weekend! xOxO

Debrina said...

Oh Theresa - what an inspiring post! I love everything here - and those purple gloves rock!!

Tammie said...

I am so proud of you, making new art and selling it. Your art is so lovely, it overflows with a sweet spirit, of course people will want it in their homes!

Kiki said...

HI again ..just wishing you a wonderful wkd..and so fun to revisit this beuaty you created..stunning soul!!Congrats as well on one the one you sold..awesome!!
HUgs
Kiki~

Thank You for Stopping By!